Montag, 29. August 2011

Banana Walnut Bread


We usually have a banana  daily. But this weekend dis not eat them. When I saw them today after the weekend they were over ripen and almost non-eatable. So I browsed and found that many breads, caked can be baked using ripen bananas. Ripen bananas are good substitute for eggs. yuppie... This bread is from Chefinyou, which I found easy more importantly I had almost all the ingredients.

So here it is 'Banana Walnut bread' with few changes from the original recipe. I added cardamom powder instead of cinnamon and also I did not have the wheat grem so replaced with all purpose flour itself.


Ingredients:

All purpose flour - 1 3/4 cups
Baking Powder - 2 table spoon
Banana (Ripen) - 3
Butter - 5 table spoons(Room temp)
cordammam powder - 1/2 tea spoon
Salt - 1/2 tea spoon
Sugar - 1/2 cup (I felt more may be because of banana's sweet)
Walnuts - 1/2 cup
Water - if needed

Method :

1. Pre-heat the oven at 200 c(400 F) for about 10 mins
2. Make the puree out of ripen bananas. (I put them into the mixer) and keep it aside.
3. In a bowl sift and mix all purpose flour, salt, baking powder. Into this add cardammom powder and mix well.
4. In a another bowl add butter and sugar and mix till it becomes nice foamy mixture.
5. Now add this butter,sugar mixture into banana puree and mix
6. Add the dry ingradients along with the walnuts and mix well.
7. Place this mixture into the loaf and bake for 45 mins- 50 mins. Mine was done by 45 mins

Allow the bread to cool completely (I could not wait till then) and cut into pieces. It tasted yum!!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen